Monday, November 24

Weekly Ruminations

Here's the word lately:
  • Quantam of Solace was incredible. If you know people who didn't like it, they cannot by any stretch be considered a true Bond fan. Daniel Craig epitomizes this iconic character and I honestly wanted to stay in the theater to experience it again at the next showing.
  • Brad's big bro Ross visited this past weekend and we had a blast per usual. We ventured over to Bryn/Holly's for some OSU vs. UofM football blow-out viewing, HWB playing, Thai food eating and Beckham petting. We loved having him.
  • Holly's due date is less than 3 weeks away! I know I'm just one of many to say this, but I'm excited to meet Baby Bean.
  • We are really looking forward to this coming weekend! The Macaroni/Cheese and Wine Festival in Traverse City will never know as much thrill as when E/Laura, Pat/Katie and the hubby and I arrive. Read up on it here: http://www.michigan.org/Things-to-Do/Events/Detail.aspx?city=G3602&ContentId=561e434b-3c43-41ff-9593-e62d2a0f0b07
  • Here's what I'm bringing to Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday night at the Manns: http://food.realsimple.com/realsimple/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1548233
  • As un UofM fanatic-like as this is for me to say, it is a relief the debacle of our football season has now ended. In my lifetime I cannot remember a New Year's Day without watching my beloved Wolverines in a bowl game but like any good legacy, I guess this too had to end (hint hint JoePa). The only thing getting me through the next 9 months is knowing RichRod went 9-4 in his 2nd season at WVU. (Go Blue)
  • Hunter has a bad head cold this week and has officially turned into 'the Snotty Kid'. He's still damn cute though.
  • We ate breakfast at Cafe Habana in Royal Oak this weekend after a 2-year drought. They've changed their Huevos a la Flamenca recipe but it's still SO enticing: how can one not like chorizo sauteed in beer, peas, carrots and garlic cloves piled on top of over-medium eggs? The potato croqueta recipe has changed some too but Hunter liked it... mixed with strawberry-flavored yogurt... ick.

No comments: