Sunday, November 16

Planning For Xmas

I love this time of year. My penchant for 70s and alternative rock music is curbed for all-Christmas-all-the-time tunes courtesy of 100.3 WNIC. I spend most of my waking hours at Michaels dreaming of my latest holiday craft project. I bake bread. I whistle 'It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas.' And I drive my poor hubby crazy.

The actual buildup to the holiday is the best part and I'm getting really excited in knowing we will build our own family traditions with Hunter in just a few short years.

Starting this year, I've decided we will take part in Operation Christmas Child http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/ and make this one of our traditions. OCC handles the transport of a shoebox filled with gifts for children in 3rd world countries. We will pick an age range to develop a box for (age 2-4 since this is closest to H's age) and send it off. It's a wonderful way to give back during the holidays.

Right now our holiday schedule is planned as follows:
  • 24th-25th: My mom and brother will celebrate with us at our house
  • 26th: Drive to Dad's and enjoy time with 'Mimi', 'Papa' and Colby/Charlotte, Bryn/Holly/Schu/New Baby Bean who will have made a debut by then!, PJ and Rourke
  • 27th: Leave for Indy and celebrate with Bill/Cherry, Ross and Butch/Susan

Also, I've had some questions on needs/wants for Hunter this Christmas and... I've made it really easy! I registered a Wish List at www.toysrus.com under his and my names. Hope it provides some good fodder for ideas!

No comments: